Thursday, November 6, 2008

:Sniffle: Positivity Abounds!

Why is it, for all the time that I drank, I never got sick? And, now that I'm sober, I'm sick as a dog? Just curious. Maybe my body couldn't handle feeling like crap on top of crap? Whatever.

So, I'm sick. Sniffley, sneezy, fever, aches, yada. Not as bad as a hangover, though. No feelings of letting myself down when I wake up sick, ya know?

I just love the feelings of unity and possibility that seems to be hanging over humanity since the election. I just hate the rampant bigotry that is being voiced, too. That's too bad, but there is strength in unity, so I'll just ignore the negativity and continue to have hope for the future for all people.

While I do write this blog for me, to record my random thoughts, I do want to thank those of you that posted your thoughts on my last post. You are all too kind and they helped me alot. :o)

Went back to work today, which was good. I really can't have that much time to myself (see previous post). I need structure. Oh, and the state of retail is not good, so I'm very thankful to have a job.

Snarfling off to beddy bye now.

4 comments:

steveroni said...

"...all the time that I drank, I never got sick?", you wrote.

FUNNY!
My violin playing was wonderful, I sounded GREAT during those 20 years I was drinking. After I stayed sober, it deteriorated rapidly. Slow vibrato, shaky bow, bad intonation, were among the characteristics.

Sponsor correctly pointed out to me, "Well that shows your HEARING is getting better!"
fiddleman-a-roni

Lou said...

Uh,T, alcohol kills germs...
but that is NOT a good reason to use it.
Sick & sober, that's the way to go.

Syd said...

Hope that you'll feel better. And there is a sense of unity and hope from all around the world about our new President.

dAAve said...

Take care of yoself.