Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend In Retail

I wonder what it's like to be off from work on a weekend or a holiday. Actually, now that I think about it, I think I'd rather be working cos, if the lines at my store are any indication, I'd stay in my apartment anyway. I'm no fan of crowds when it's me standing in line. I don't mind being on the other side of the register tho. Have fun, all you crazy shoppers!

Have I mentioned how much I love being back in school? OMG! I'm kinda stressed, but that's all anticipatory stress. I'm on top of all my work and then some, so alls good. I hate being away from the whole college atmosphere. Damn my need for shelter and food thus having to show up at work. :shakes fist at damn need:

There's something going on with my older son, health-wise. He told me yesterday that he needs to get health insurance and that he's always bruised. I know he drinks alot and he's only 23. I don't know what to do. Do I lay out the money for a dr. visit and tests, money that I don't have? Or do I wait? He's definitely not a drama queen, so I know there's something wrong. Gah!

On that happy note, lunch is over so it's back to the nuthouse. Enjoy!

2 comments:

steveroni said...

Not one week went by for many YEARS--that I did not fall, hit or cut myself, bang my head, or otherwise bruise myself in BAD ways, always a result of drinking, or thinking about drinking, or shaky from drinking or shaky for NOT drinking, etc.

That was one benefit I did notice after sobering up--no more accidental bodily phisical harm.

Certainly that doesn't apply to your 23-yr-old who wants medical ins. Hope not. Or maybe I'd better hope SO! That way he'd have a chance at a way of life, which makes living life, SO much more simple.

'Nuff outa me for now. "Keep Up The Good Work", aka KUTGW!
Steve E.

Lou said...

He could call the county health department (if you live in fair sized city), they will refer him to a sliding fee clinic. You pay based on income. They are not the most thorough, but they will do some basic tests.