Thursday, August 14, 2008

Old Thoughts Creep Up

It was a good day. For a work day, it could have been so much worse. But, at the end, I got kinda angry. Just like I used to in my using days. The "how dare they keep me over my time to leave" stupid, self-centered attitude. I was floored when the same old ending popped in my head! The "this is why I need a drink" thought. WHOA!! Where'd that come from??

Well, of course, I came home and isolated. Then I hit the blogs, smoked 20 cigs and here I am. I'll be analyzing this with God in an hour of where my mind went off track, so I'll be better able to avoid that kind of thinking in the future. That and calling some friends tomorrow if my brain starts to act all "me-me-me"ish again. Thank God for AA!

Today, I am so grateful for:

  • Having an HP in my life to turn my difficulties over to
  • Having a job I don't like, which is better than poverty
  • Great friends in the rooms that are always there for me, and that need me too
  • This blog to babble, sometimes incoherently, to
  • Very many meetings to go to, so I can't make excuses
  • Commitments in AA
  • Sober friends and normies that know BS from me when they hear it, and roll their eyes accordingly
Ok, I feel better. Tomorrow's gonna be a great day at work. I'll keep telling myself that. :o)

4 comments:

Lou said...

Tell yourself this--ITS FRIDAY. Just give 'em a smile, they won't know how to react.
Good that you know you have people who care.

Syd said...

Yep and it is Friday which makes things so much better.

Sober T said...

Except that I work in retail so my friday is your sunday. Thanks for the happy thoughts tho. :o)

steveroni said...

I'm a sucker for others' OLD THOUGHTS...and even more for their Gratitude Lists. Both bring me back to the reality of who, and really WHAT I am. An alcoholic--a 'real' alcoholic!
Thanks.