Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Second Day of School

::zzzzzzzzzzzzzz::

Oh! I'm up (no I'm not). Ok, for $100 a book per class, someone should carry them for me. It's like carrying a 12 yr old up hill for 5 hours. I'm old. :o)

My teacher for Addiction and Prevention class (and Substance Abuse Counseling right after, tho across campus):
  1. Loves to hear himself talk
  2. Thinks people in recovery are wrong when they say that only another addict/alcoholic/whatever can help you. Hmmm... (glad I told him I'm in recovery!)
  3. Loves to keep you past the time when class is over. Lucky for me, I have to drive across Richmond to get to a class after his.
I do love being in school, tho. There's alot of reading to do, which is great with me. I told my job I'm only working Fri/Sat/Sun cos I want to dedicate Wed to nothing but studying. I'm not going to a meeting either. Just gonna fester in my jammies all day and study (and eat and smoke).

I'm not so sure that the boy (what I call my youngest son) is as into the studying as I am. And, while I have gone to 20 hrs at work a week, I'm using twice as much gas, the boy smokes my cigs and needs to be fed and watered while we're at school. Hmmm... We're gonna have to get in touch with our inner "starving college student" soon. Well, that's one way to lose that extra 20 lbs I can't afford to lose! But, the college cops were giving away free coffee and donuts this morning, so the boy and I got a second bfast while we smoked. Way to promote a stereo type tho. Cops? Donuts and coffee? Nevermind. :o) It's nice to see the boy hangin with his friends at school. And we don't sit together in English Composition class, which is cool.

So, second day/all is still duckey here. I'm gonna hammer into some of my papers that are due next month, so I don't have to worry about it. Then off to a meeting! And maybe a nap sometime before midnight?

4 comments:

Syd said...

Great stuff. I remember carrying all those books around too. I wonder why the professor thinks that only another alcoholic/addict can help. Just curious....

Lou said...

It's great you will be able to embarrass your son!

steveroni said...

Sure enjoyed reading your blog.
--Your TEACHER!

Actually, it is interesting for me...I went back to college at age 41 for my Master's, and it's a totally different experience (of COURSE!) being older and SOBER. Did not say 'wizer' or 'a better speller'.

But I sure did find out what is meant when someone says that he/she EARNED a Master's!

Sober T said...

Thanks for the comments. I enjoy them as much as seeing your new posts. :o)

Syd: my proff thinks we're wrong to think that one addict/whatever to another can help each other. Like we need non-addict professionals to help us too. Which, in mine and Bill W.'s experience, is not true.

Alky: I applaud you getting your Masters at 41. And, while I did have fun my first time around at college when I was 18 and using and abusing substances, that's what it was. Fun. As evidenced by my not going for my Masters at 47, but my Associates. A mis-spent youth, mine. This is fun, tho, too. Without the hangover.

lou: Mwahahahahahaha Revenge will be MINE!!!