Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Beautiful Day


Isn't it just beautiful out today? Crisp, clean air. Bright sunny skies. I just wanna give a huge, wet, sloppy kiss to this time of year. I feel somewhat alive and full of things I wanna do. Like:

I'm working on quitting my massive quantity of soda today. I'm tired of being sluggish till I get my morning coffee, only to crash mid-day till I get my soda on at night. Then I never feel rested cos I'm moving a mile a minute while I sleep. So, I'm buying a liter bottle of water at Fasmart (instead of my soda for breakfast. I'm off today so I'd skip the coffee and head straight into the double gulp) and I plan to drink at least two of those today. All in preparation for quitting cigs at the end of the month.

Here's the plan, as it pertains to weight gain, on quitting smoking. Each double gulp has 600 calories and 60 grams of sugar. I drink 2 a day. So, if I eat more food in place of smoking, I can eat 1200 calories and not 120 grams of sugar and be ok, yes? I'm gonna stock up on shoestring carrots, cans of baby corn, celery and fruit. Lots of quinoa and brown rice with veggies for main meals and maybe, just maybe, I'll start exercising again. There. I have a plan. Eight months of sobriety is long enough to be wallowing in chocolate, soda and laziness.

So, back to this beautiful day. Gonna hit a meeting and then it's off to a Civil War sight to just walk under the trees and listen to the silence. Did I mention that I love the fall weather? Then my beloved school, homework and just chillin. Yippee for days off from work!

4 comments:

Syd said...

Sounds like a good plan. All of it.

Laura said...

I'm catching up on all your posts and enjoying them immensely. Great, great job on the school thing!

Congrats on moving forward so well in your sobriety. I love reading real-life stories like yours. Thank you for sharing!

Lou said...

Somebody is all charged up! Enjoy and congrats.

One Prayer Girl said...

We're down from the 90s into the 80s and low 70s at night. For SW Florida, that's cool.

I miss the real fall terribly. I've been away from Washington, D.C. where I was born for over 35 years. I still remember the beauty of the leaves and the crispness in the air. (I have a poem that includes the crispness of air.)

Enjoy some fall for me.