Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whatta Blast!



Guess what I did today??? How'd you know? Yes, I got my fearful yet hopeful old butt on a scooter today! It was fabulous. A friend from the rooms spent the day with me, teaching me not only how to ride but how to conquer my old fears of getting killed on one of these beasts. I drove absolutely everywhere! On major roads even! Crazy stuff, kiddies. Crazy indeed. I'm still kinda fearful cos I'm not used to it but certainly not like I was this morning.

In my quest to be riding and owning a motorcycle by next spring, another friend, whose bike I'll be buying, is gonna teach me how to ride that next. Glad I decided to do this in 40 degree weather. That wind whipping around was interesting.

Oh, by the way, I finally finished that blanket I started on when I first got sober. Unfortunately, it was supposed to take me longer so I could wrap it across my knees at the meetings while I worked on it. I never was good at timing. Have a gander:


Here's the pattern, so I don't forget:



Onward and ever upward.

5 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

Joining the two wheels club, huh?
I think it's great. I love my new scooter - been riding about two months. I opted to stick with the scooter and not go for the motorcycle. I admit I love the way motorcycles look.

Love the blanket you made. Did you have a pattern? Is it knit or crochet? It looks knit.

dAAve said...

Congrats on the blanket. I know it's a lot of work.
Please be careful on that bike/scooter. They scare the hell out of this old drunk.

Sober T said...

I'm hoping I don't get killed while trying to live out my list of things I've wanted to do but didn't cos I was a mess. It'll take me a while to get used to not having tons of steel to shield me.

The blanket is crocheted. I made a baby blanket for my neice's baby with that pattern and liked it so much, I did one for me. You can't tell from the lighting and the crappy quality from my cell phone, but it's an old fashioned baby blue color. :o)

Syd said...

It looks great. I have several crocheted bed spreads made by my mother.

Lou said...

I will never get on a scooter, but I think it is awesome that you are doing so many new things.