Saturday, October 11, 2008

Completely Fed Up With Fear Mongers!

Pardon this rant, but I've had enough with the incessant fear-mongering thats going on in this country!!! I want to know what in the hell the point is in making everyone so paranoid. People aren't broke, as evidenced by all the customers at the store and other stores in the neighborhood. Cheaper gas has everyone out on the roads, enjoying the great weather. Food stores have food on the shelves and people shopping there. Best Buy is doing a booming business down the street. Kids are hanging out at the malls and the movie theaters. The restaurants have customers.

And yet, all I read on cnn.com, msnbc.com, etc. is how horrible everything is. That it's time to panic. The economy is falling apart. Yes, I understand how bad things are right now, but I also know that shacks selling for 250k had to end sometime, too. Huge gas guzzling vehicles, mega vacations on maxed out credit cards and over-priced homes had to stop. Maybe I'm being naive but isn't it time we all learn to appreciate what we have and stop trying to over do it with money we didn't have to begin with?

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that losing half your 401k or savings or being foreclosed upon is not a big deal. It is. I understand that. I'm just saying that if you're worried about the economy, that's ok. It just seems to me that the media is making it worse. I want to know what's going on. I don't want to read people's opinions on when I should panic, tis all. Just give me the facts. I'll plan my own nervous breakdown, thank you very much.

Please, don't anyone slam me over this post. I know people who've lost money, too. This is just my humble opinion.

rant over

3 comments:

Lou said...

I read Canadian & British newspapers online. You get a completely different take on the news. It's refreshing, and more accurate I think.

steveroni said...

Your opinion is always respected here AFAIC...especially when it's your "humble" opinion! -grin- Yeah, it's time to pray, do without a few things, cut back on others, and enjoy the sober life!

I just found out this week that I'd have trouble buying a quart of vodka today...it's now Liters, etc. And the PRICES! WOW! Sky-high. I'm sure glad I stayed sober 34 years ago, I couldn't afford to be a drunk today. Well, I would not have lived anyway, so the whole question is moot.

Syd said...

I think that we are a long way from going under. I think that the greed of the 90's had to end. We were doing ourselves in. Maybe things will take a turn to being simpler instead of large, elaborate, and over the top.