Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm Going Natural...

...On my face and hair, that is. Try to follow me on this one. I just got a hair cut and it looks great. Only problem is that I'm over 40 which means my hair is not as thick as it used to be. And it's kinda stringy. Now, I've spent some quality money on hair products to make it look better, but, while it is shinier, it looks weighted down and kinda greasy and stringy. So, I'm going back 30 years (when I only used herbs instead of chemicals) and ditching the products, for the most part.

I'm not going out and buying 10 lbs of soapwort to replace the shampoo. I'm just smothering my hair in mayo, egg and ground rosemary (if anyone is gutsy enough to try this and you're blond, use chamomile. Rosemary is for dark hair). Wrap head in plastic bag (head. not face.) Leave in at least an hour then rub shampoo in, add water, lather, rinse, repeat with the shampoo, then rinse with rosemary water (boil rosemary in water, let cool).

For my face I ground some lavender, chamomile, rosehips and oatmeal (not the instant crap) and mixed in some pink clay (half French white clay/half Moroccan red clay). Add a little warm water, make a paste, slather on face and neck. Rinse off after 15 min. Add moisturizer.

I'll let you know how it works after a week. I expect shiny hair and a glowing complexion. Or else!

p.s.: Yes, I do have homework that I'm avoiding. Thanks for asking. :o)

5 comments:

Syd said...

Hmmm...it sounds like an edible dish. Or else you'll smell like a pizza or some other Italian dish. Highly edible hair.

dAAve said...

Hey there Sober T.
I only just discovered you and will return for updates.

Pammie said...

please report back.

steveroni said...

More reasons why I'm glad to be a boy!

One Prayer Girl said...

Sounds like a lot of work. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.