Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Killed My Fish!

:sob: I finally decided to clean the fish tank and change the filter unit, cos it had died. A half hour later, I see out of the corner of my eye something that looks like a little water balloon in the tank. It was the big silverfish, floating. Upon closer inspection I saw two other fish, dead, and two dying. I had to sit down and work up the courage to start taking the dead out. I just cannot relate how horrible that was. I'm not well with death on a good day. This was just so sudden.

Of course, since I didn't feel bad enough, I thought I'd call my ex, the "dry" alkie, since they were his to begin with. I'm sure, now that I think of it, I could have called someone else who might have made me feel worse about it. Fortunately, a more insensitive bastard doesn't come to mind. He was nice enough to tell me several times just how much I ruined his night.

I'm not sure what happened, but I'll just have to pick up (after this last poor fishie finally gives it up, poor guy)and scrub the tank clean and start all over again. I guess. I'm still leaning towards plastic plants instead of living creatures.

Poor little fishies. :o(

4 comments:

steveroni said...

Been there, done that,
sorry for your loss....

And--I do know how you feel.

dAAve said...

Just don't get tanked.

Lou said...

Fish, turtles, hamsters..none of them stick around too long. Best not to get attatched.

kel said...

So sorry about your fishes....