Friday, September 26, 2008

The World and The Debate

The world is going to hell in a handbasket! You know why? Cos CNN tells you so. They say it and it happens. Them and all the other news outlets. They say "There's no gas!" and then there's a run on gas at my local 7-Eleven. What the hell! It's gonna rain tomorrow! Where does everyone need to go so badly?? Drugs are illegal yet fear mongering isn't. Hmph!

I know, I know, I'm making lite of the state of things like the economy and such, but I can cos I'm not pre-panicked by the news. I don't watch tv and I don't read newspapers. I read 4 paragraphs on the state of things online on my way to perez hilton and that's more informed than I like to be. I've had news induced panic attacks before and I'm not letting it happen again anytime soon. But...

I did watch the debate online tonite cos I, too, wish to make an informed vote come November. I'm not gonna give an opinion, tho, cos, should anyone ever think to read this, I don't wanna have my own little debate. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. It was good internet, I will say that. Not watching tv and all, I've never seen either men speak.

Other than that stuff, I'm still livin the dream here. In a 'getting broker by the second' kinda way, but still enjoying the heck out of each and every day. I wanna give being back in school a huge wet sloppy kiss cos it still rocks the socks outta uh... not being in school? :o)

I have my first test on Monday :o(

I'm grateful for:

1. Internet tv

2. The fresh baked bread I'm taking out of the oven in 10 min.

3. The vat of yummy vegetable soup I just made that I'm gonna dunk that bread in.

4. The fact that I'm not obsessed with my great cooking skills (I'm off to hell on that lie alone)

5. Meetings, where I always hear something I need to hear. And that there's usually a newbie that I can try to help.

6. And, thank God! Another day sober. Whatta miracle!

4 comments:

One Prayer Girl said...

It's kind of fun to be the first comment on a blog.
I try to formulate a comment if something comes to mind before I read other comments (if there are any).
I loved your grateful for list - made me want to bake bread and make vegetable soup.
Love your honesty.

steveroni said...

You, and your post, are the GREATEST! Had a smile going as I read (even the 'cooking' part!), And thank you for not 'writing politics' at us.

Although whoever does certainlt has that right--write?

Lou said...

My husband has started baking bread, and it's just so delicious & warm.

I really appreciate your not posting a long, obnoxious rambling about politics. And I'm glad you're grateful.

Syd said...

I wouldn't mind your thoughts on politics since I like to hear what people think. I do believe that this is such an important election that we each need to be as informed as possible.

The soup and bread sound great.